PS About shop portfolio

1.09.2014

BE WELL :: define your year


" I T ' S   O F T E N   T H E   S M A L L   T H I N G S   T H A T   N O   O N E   S E E S   T H A T   R E S U L T S   I N   T H E   B I G   T H I N G S   T H A T  
 E V E R Y O N E   W A N T S  "

CRAIG GROESCHEL


I heard this quote the other day when Elisha and I were listening to his sermon. I haven't been able to get it off my mind and I love how it's made me start to see this year. If we can make small changes throughout our year, they will begin to reshape our lives and ultimately make a big difference. Seems pretty basic, right?

Well, I've decided to take the challenge and furthermore, define this year with one word; shift. I chose shift for several reasons. First off, I've had some good years and some pretty rotten ones, but I feel like I'm come to this place where I've been through the fire and God has been refining me. I feel as though I know who I want and should be, and I'm no longer leaps away, but in need of a ton of tiny adjustments. In my mind I imagine a rock covered in tiny rough edges, this year I want to smooth those edges out. I don't feel as though i'm headed down a terrible path or anything, but I do think the path could stand to be straighter (it always can). I believe little shifts in how I think, what I say and what I do, will make a big difference. Straightening up in one area, shifting my way of perceiving situations and others, stepping out of the way for God to move… these are just a few things that will help me to Shift, this year. So, instead of resolutions, lets pick a word - a word that will inspire, encourage, motivate and help us not only to accomplish goals, but to become better women. Write it down, stick it on your mirror, make it your wallpaper, get it in your head and in your heart. This year I'm going to shift.

Are you on board?! What's your focus going to be on this year? Share your word with us in the comments below!


xo. melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment