PS About shop portfolio

10.04.2013

W H A T W E W O R E // engagement one








on her :: dress/free people, sandals/target, flower crown/handmade
on him :: pants & shirt/urban outfitters, shoes/aldo

I'm happy to finally start sharing our engagement photos with you! First lets talk about how much I love these: I love how handsome Elisha is in his button up, I love that the lighting was superb, I love that Kalli captured our quirkiness, and I love how perfectly they embody "us". Now, let's talk about that flower crown that wasn't even supposed to be in but a few photos and turned out to be the best idea. I had gone to the store the night before the shoot, to pick up some flowers to use as a bouquet for the shoot, but decided to turn them into a flower crown about ten minutes before walking out the door, ha! Some quick crafting happening! I think it turned out okay, meaning it stayed on my head and looked pretty, and I couldn't be happier with how our first set of photos turned out. I'll be sharing more next week!

Today we're moving me into our new home! I am beyond words excited! I can't wait to start nesting and making it a place where we can be us, together. We're still currently looking for a couch and desks. Let me know in the comments below, if you know of any good places we should check out!

thanks!
Melisa

footnote: photography by Kalli Carr

5 comments:

  1. Haha I have that same dress in that color and also in the black. Only no way ever could it be a dress on me. I don't know how tall you are but I'm 5'8 and it would be so inappropriate as a dress haha. You're lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, gorgeous! so much joy and love can be seen in these photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8.10.13

    I love these!
    I don't even remember how I found your blog (Maybe via SincerelyKinsey?), but I have been following your blog and Instagram for a while now, and was so excited to see that you guys are engaged.
    I can totally see the Spirit in both of you, and that makes me so excited! You are going to have a beautiful, God-filled, God-glorifying marriage, and that's rare in this generation.

    I can't wait to see the wedding pictures! :)
    -Aleya
    Sequinsocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I love that dress and how the crown pulls it all together.
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the halo! just precious

    ReplyDelete