PS About shop portfolio

3.12.2013

DIY // NECKLACE DISPLAY


I know I mentioned in my last post that I was gearing up to take part in an art festival this weekend, so I've been trying to get my booth in tip top shape! I already have a necklace holder, that the mr was kind enough to make for me, but I needed even more space for all of my new necklaces. I decided to whip something up, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

THE SUPPLIES //
slab of wood (I picked mine up at lowes)
stain (I used a shade called Kona)
rag and/or brush
nails



THE PROCESS //
begin by prepping an area to stain. for this piece I decided to just use a rag, because I really wanted an uneven look. although, for another piece I did, I used a brush and it was much more even and clean. I did about three coats of stain; obviously the more coats, the darker it gets, as well as how long you let the stain sit. once your piece is dry, begin to place your nails. I have a lot of different chain lengths, so I wanted my nails to be spaced out at different heights. now you are done and you can hang all of your pretty necklaces!





There are so many ways you can have fun with this diy and customize it as your very own. If you make one for yourself, I'd love to see how it turns out!


xo melisa

7 comments:

  1. absolutely adorable display! I really love the texture of wood stain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a nice way to show off a few of my favorite necklaces in my powder room! I might do a fun color, or maybe a colored chalkboard? hmmm...It's simple but I like it ;)

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! It looks amazing and the necklaces really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I like this a lot!! What a cute display :)

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so simple! I am moving in a week and collecting inspiration for my new apartment...totally going to make this! I also pinned it on pinterest so others can enjoy your creativity. :)

    xo
    Melyssa
    http://thenectarcollective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous17.3.13

    I will make myself one today! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much was the slab of wood? Slash what did you actually tell the people at Lowe's you needed? And how big would you say it is? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make this for my new place! :)

    ReplyDelete