PS About shop portfolio

7.23.2010

New and Exciting.

It's been a bear-y good week indeed.
The blog has been undergoing a bit of a face lift, so please forgive the awkward in-between look. I promise it'll look much better once I'm finished ^_^
How has your day been? I was really excited to go lay out by the pool and read but it started raining cats and dogs:( So it turned into a Starbucks laptop kinda day, which is just as special. I got to work on some Project Thirty stuff! Have I mentioned how excited I am?? I am!
There is also something else really exciting going on in my life and it's more on the personal level, but I really want to share it with you. For the last two years that I've been away at college I have tried to find my "home" church. I found a church that I liked to call my home because it was everything I was looking for. I attended every week and absolutely fell in love with everything it had to offer, but deep down I never felt like it was where God wanted me. 
I've been patiently waiting for God to call me to a church that I could not only call my home, but where I could serve and feel like I was a part of a family. I'm happy to say that I believe He has brought me just that. This last week I have been introduced to a local church plant that is beyond everything I could've hoped for. God has done it again. I cannot wait to be a part of this church. I'm not sure if you attend, or if you're a believer, but let me just tell you that there is nothing like being a part of a church. God calls us to it not only because it matters to Him, but because it's for our benefit. I can say that these last two years were kind of a struggle. I desperately wanted to be "a part" of a church, not just an attendee. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for this church, for me and for the rest of the lives that will be touched and influenced through it. 
I love when things happen and they just feel so right. It reminds me that God is truly in control and I wouldn't have it any other way. Are there any things in your life that are new and exciting?? I would love to hear about it :)

xo. Melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment